A Multinational Company adds a lot to the GDP of the country as they are located in not just one country but also is spread in various other countries and there is always a global head office of the country that controls and looks after the other companies. There are several Multinational Companies in India and few of them are extremely grand and are very well renowned across the globe. Here is a list of Top Ten Biggest Multinational Companies in India.
- Citigroup Inc: Founded in the year 1812, it is a private sector company that has its main office in Manhattan, US. It has a turnover of around 70 Billion Dollars and it is one of the best MNC in the country. They have given employment to a lot of people and they offer services in various sectors like Finance and Banking.
- Sony Corporation India: This is the Japanese Brand and is one of the best MNC in the country. They excel in manufacturing electronic items and it has a turnover of 80 Billion Dollars. It has provided employment to more than 15 Lakh People across the globe. In India their headquarter is located in New Delhi.
- CocaCola: It is one of the biggest beverage companies in the country. Their corporate office is located in gurgaon, Haryana. It is one of the biggest MNC in the Country. They have given employment to over 15 lakh people across the globe. They excel in making soft drinks and other edible products as well.
- Procter and Gamble: It is one of the biggest MNC in the country that manufactures everything a person needs in their daily life. They have a turnover of over 84 Billion Dollars and they have provided employment to lakhs of people. Its head office in India is located in Mumbai.
- Nestle India: Nestle ranks 6th in the list of top MNC in the country. It manufactures various food products and excel in it. Their famous and most loved product includes Maggie. The Company has a turnover of 85 Billion USD and is one of the largest food processing companies in the world.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited: This is one of the biggest Multinational Company and it is based in India and was founded in the year 1961. It has its head office in Gurgaon. The Company manufactures pharmaceuticals and it excels in it. The turnover of this company is around 2billion dollars. The Company was a private sector company, but went public in the year 1973 and in the year 2008; and the Japanese Pharmaceutical Company Daiichi Sankyo acquired most of its shares.
- PepsiCo India: It is a one of the top most MNC in the country and has its headquarters in Gurgaon. It is famous for its beverages and they produce various food products as well. The CEO of Pepsi at the global level is Indira Nooyi, who took Pepsi to great heights. The turnover of the company is 67 Billion Dollars globally.
- Nokia Corporation: It is the third best MNC in the Country and it has its head office in Mumbai. They manufacture various electronic goods and specializes in the telecom sector. They have around 98000 employees globally and has a turnover of 39 billion dollars.
- IBM India: It is the second best MNC in the country. IBM- International Business Machines is a private sector company and they manufacture the world’s best software. Their head office is located in Bangalore. The company has a turnover of over 70 billion Dollars at a global level.
- Microsoft India: Founded by Bill Gates in the year 1975, Microsoft is the best and the biggest MNC in the world. It India the Companies head office is located in Gurgaon and the CEO of the company is Mr. Karan Bajwa. The company has a turnover of 12 billion dollars. They have provided employment to over 97000 people across the globe.